Content Acquisition Manager (English and French-speaking)
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamContent Partnerships & Operations
We are challenging how live sport and entertainment are delivered and consumed. From the world’s biggest sporting events to the best local sport, to award-winning original programming - our audiences enjoy a 24/7 offering of the best live and non-live content across the ELEVEN Group. At a time of significant growth for our company and in continuing to deliver industry-changing developments, we want you to help provide world-class entertainment to the global fan community by strengthening ELEVEN's global sports platform and live streaming technology. Having announced an agreement in April 2022, we will support the successful delivery of the new FIFA+ OTT service, playing a key role in supporting the production, delivery and distribution of live content on FIFA+, and helping support the creation of commercial opportunities.
We’re looking for a determined and persistent Content Acquisition Manager who will be in charge of executing business development and content acquisition strategies, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa and other French-speaking territories, with a primary focus on sub-premium and “long-tail” football content. With very strong communication skills in both English and French, the Content Acquisitions Manager will report to ELEVEN’s Director of Content & Partnerships.
At ELEVEN we're committed to hiring the person who we believe is the strongest candidate for the position. However, research indicates that women frequently only apply for roles where they believe they satisfy 100% of the role requirements. We don't want anyone to feel discouraged in applying for any of our vacancies, so if you believe you meet 60% or more of the criteria, we definitely encourage you to apply.
What you'll do
- Build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with ELEVEN’s existing and potential content partners, including football competitions’ organisers and rights holders
- Seek content acquisition opportunities, with the primary focus on sub-premium and “long-tail” football content. Compile and assess market intelligence to sufficiently understand the robustness of a content opportunity. Analyse and forecast projected profits and losses, liaising with interdepartmental colleagues to validate assumptions and assess the economic viability of each project
- Put into effect the development of content acquisition and renewal proposals with football competitions’ organisers and rights holders, including on-site visits when appropriate
- Carry out contract negotiations with football content rights holders, including on-site visits when appropriate. Draft contracts accordingly and get them executed, supported by ELEVEN’s legal team as necessary.
- Draft the initial content plan and implementation plan, in coordination with the respective internal and external stakeholders, and prepare a smooth handover process to ELEVEN Regional Account Managers, Content Production and Support teams.
- Remain involved in the implementation of the different projects, in order to endeavour content partners’ satisfaction and retention. Anticipate concerns and provide them with creative solutions.
You're a great candidate if you have
2 to 5 years of direct experience in acquisition or sales of sport audio-visual rights within an international sport media/marketing agency, an international sports federation, or a broadcaster/media group.
Strong understanding of the football and media landscape of MENA and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Excellent communication skills with a high standard of written and spoken English and French.
A solid understanding of sports media rights contracts.
And even better if you have
Strong interpersonal skills with experience in managing client relationships.
Commercial mindset and strong negotiation skills.
Familiarity with live streaming technologies and environments.
Ability to work under pressure and complete projects successfully within time, maintaining a positive attitude.
Capacity to think outside the box and propose customised solutions.
Fluency in other languages, in particular Arabic.
What we offer
Be part of a company fundamentally transforming the live streaming landscape in sports and beyond on a global scale.
Having the freedom to pitch, implement, and execute new ideas
Flexibility over your holidays. If you want to work on Netherlands public holidays, that’s fine - just take what suits you best from 33 days annual leave
Flexibility where you work
We have a company culture like no other.
ELEVEN is a global network of LIVE and non-live sport and entertainment content – from the world’s biggest sports events to the best longtail sport, to award-winning original programming.
The state of the art technology available via our newly launched global sports platform ELEVENSPORTS.com (previously MyCujoo.tv), which allows anyone to stream from a device as simple as a mobile phone, revolutionised football broadcasting. Our crazy idea to transform every single match into a live broadcast became the world's largest live football streaming platform. With an initial focus on niche-premium and longtail sports, our ambitions are now even bigger.
In 2020 we also delivered our newest product, MyCujoo Live Services (MCLS), a highly scalable live streaming solution built on the tech stack powering ELEVENSPORTS.com. Developed for rights owners in sports and beyond, MCLS equips content creators with the technology and tools to provide their fans with the most powerful, authentic, and engaging live streaming experiences.